Erke Turdumambetova, Director of the Training Center at the Ministry of Finance of the Kyrgyz Republic
A progressive approach to the needs of course trainees and a flexible pricing policy of our center allow you to receive educational services at a high level, taking into account time and cost savings.
The Training Center of the Ministry of Finance of the Kyrgyz Republic (hereinafter referred to as the Training Center) consists of highly qualified specialists with many years of practical experience in the field of additional professional education, thanks to which we have earned the trust of many of our clients.
We are distinguished by a modern approach to the learning process, focus on the most relevant, modern and demanded technologies, thorough comprehensive study of educational programs for the most effective mastering of the material.
New technologies not only change the way products and services are produced, but also create new opportunities for the implementation of civil rights, self-realization of the individual, gaining knowledge, educating a new generation and spending leisure time.
For over 40 years, the Training Center has been operating in three main areas:
1. advanced training courses for the entire system of the Ministry of Finance of the Kyrgyz Republic, which is about 1000 employees from: the central office, 55 territorial departments and four subordinate organizations for which all training is carried out free of charge;
2. "open" courses, according to the Price List of tariffs for paid educational services conducted by the Training Center (for which everyone can sign up);
3. 16 online courses (in the state and official languages) presented by the center (free of charge) on the following topics:
- Formation and execution of local budgets;
- Program budgeting;
- Incentive grants;
- Single treasury account;
- Public procurement management;
- Course on public procurement for suppliers;
- Course on working with the Public Procurement Portal;
- Conducting public hearings on draft local budgets;
- Formation of the civil budget for local budgets and many others.
Over the past 8 years, more than 40 thousand students have studied at the Training Center, we rightly consider this a symbol of recognition of our center (2012 - 1415 people; 2013 - 1693; 2014 - 2696; 2015 - 9180; 2016 - 6715, 2017 - 6567, 2018 - 6030, 2019 - 5905). For comparison, in 2010 and 2011 the number of course participants was only: 470 and 477 people.
Global trends (especially during a pandemic) indicate that the introduction of digitalization is an inevitable, natural process that is a requirement of the time. At the Training Center since 2016. there is a website - Educational portal (https://ucmfkr.okmot.kg), created with the aim of introducing distance learning technologies (hereinafter - DOT) into the educational process. The educational portal is an information and educational system developed on the basis of AVN. This software product is built in accordance with the standards of information training systems.
We consider it necessary to list some of those positive aspects that have led to an increase in the availability and popularity of the courses of the Training Center:
- Entry into the Unified Register (list) of public services provided by executive authorities, their structural divisions and subordinate institutions "(April 9, 2013 No. 179);
- Obtaining two licenses from the Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic (in the field of additional education, as well as in the form of training - using DOT);
- Opening of two branches of the Training Center of the Ministry of Finance of the Kyrgyz Republic in the cities: Jalal-Abad (2013) and Osh (2016);
- Innovative equipment, equipped with audiovisual means and other teaching tools, as a result of the modernization of the infrastructure and material base of the Training Center (with the support of the project "Development of capacity in public finance management" MDTF);
- Practitioners with extensive practical experience and who are the developers of the regulatory framework in the field of economics and finance, public procurement, and many others are involved in lecturing and carrying out practical work. (trainer from the Ministry of Finance of the Kyrgyz Republic, the Central Treasury of the Ministry of Finance of the Kyrgyz Republic, the Department of Public Procurement under the Ministry of Finance of the Kyrgyz Republic, State Enterprise "Info-system" and many others);
- Annual holding of international events and many others.
I would like to dwell in more detail on one of the activities of the Training Center - conducting training courses on public procurement.
The Training Center, in accordance with its Regulations, since 2010. conducts courses for training, retraining and advanced training of personnel of the system of public procurement of goods, works and services with the issuance of confirming certificates of the established form of the Ministry of Finance of the Kyrgyz Republic.Stationary (one-day, two-day specialized; five-day basic; nine-day advanced) and distance learning (online) courses on public procurement procedures are conducted.
June 26 this year The Law of the Kyrgyz Republic “On Amendments to the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic‹ “On Public Procurements” came into force. In aggregate with changes from January 11, 2019. in the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic “On public procurement”, there have been significant changes in terms of procurement procedures. In this regard, all training programs and materials were brought into line in accordance with the new edition of the Law. In particular, specialized courses were developed (Amendments to the Law "On Public Procurement"; "Rules for Participation and Submission of Competitive Bids in Electronic Public Procurement") in the amount of 8 academic hours. Also, for the first, second, third days of training within the Basic Course, the content of the Advanced Course and the content of existing online courses (presentations, modules, case studies, test questions), edits were made.
To strengthen the training system of the Training Center, effective and currently popular tools - webinars - have also been introduced into the educational process.
One of the important directions in the development of educational activities of the Training Center is the use of DOT, online courses have gained popularity and remain especially valuable for listeners in remote regions and with a tight work schedule who want to improve their skills. So since 2016. The training center launched online public procurement courses to provide procurement professionals and the business community with a wealth of knowledge ranging from legal requirements to best practices in public procurement. The course covers the procurement planning and bidding procedures required by the national public procurement process, and also contains video tutorials on “How to use the electronic public procurement portal”.
The online version of the course is available to everyone on the Learning Center website. Taking into account the fact that the Internet connection is weak in remote villages, the training course was distributed on CDs among employees of territorial departments of the Ministry of Finance of the Kyrgyz Republic and municipalities so that employees of local state and municipal bodies could have "anytime, anywhere" access to this course.
The pandemic has made it clear to us that procurement and timely deliveries are critical to providing the public with medicines and personal protective equipment.
July 7, 2020 The training center, together with the Higher School of Economics National Research University (Perm, Russia), Crown Agents Ltd (Great Britain), held an international online seminar for 98 participants from different countries on the topic: “Procurement and supply chain management in a pandemic COVID-19 ", the purpose of which is to discuss the problems associated with the organization of operational procurement and supply chains, as well as ways to solve them during the COVID-19 pandemic. During the seminar, Brian Richmond, Director of Crown Agents and Tatiana Korotchenko, Head of the Representative Office in Ukraine shared their experience and discussed the problems faced by the countries, how to purchase the right quantity, the right quality and the required technical specifications.
I would like to note that the staff of the Training Center during the Emergency Situation were able to urgently adapt many courses to the online mode and conducted them on a regular basis using DOT.
Students of the course, using convenient electronic tools, in a convenient place for them, mastered new technologies and raised their level of competence. Topical online lectures were supplemented with various practical tasks and examples to connect to which through a computer or telephone, the listeners only needed access to the Internet.
In order to increase the potential in the field of public procurement, as well as to provide high-quality additional education, the Training Center is always ready to cooperate with higher educational institutions not only in Kyrgyzstan, but also in the countries of near and far abroad.
In the short term, the training center plans, together with the management of Info-system SE, to conduct activities within the framework of the Project for the development of a universal platform for distance learning "Digital Skills", as well as conduct training for external users of the information system registered as VAT payers on the topic: Electronic invoice ”, introduced by the State Tax Service under the GPC within the framework of the Project on the fiscalization of tax procedures.